Staff Accountant & Operations Assistant
LOCATION: FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
WE ARE a movement mobilizing the best-in-class organizations, community partners, and care providers to holistically address the needs of America’s children. Through raising awareness, maximizing resources, and mobilizing communities, we are closing the gap between children-in-need and capable care providers.
WE SERVE as a collective of change-makers with one common goal: holistically address the problems plaguing our nation’s foster care system.
WE BELIEVE we can be a recognizable and effective voice for the vulnerable.
WE EXIST to strengthen families in crisis and shepherd children to safe and permanent homes.
The Staff Accountant and Operations Assistant will be a member of the Operations team, reporting directly to the Executive Director of Operations. The person working in this role will need to be self-motivated, detail oriented, and an adept communicator who enjoys a fast-paced work environment. This position will create and maintain financial forms and systems, identify, implement and manage high-quality business and accounting systems, and perform the other work responsibilities identified below.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Maintaining the For Others financial books and records
- Participating in the development, management and review of operating budget
- Monitoring, recording and reporting bank transactions
- Preparing financial statements and other accounting reports
- Creating and filing financial forms as required
- Preparing and processing payment requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Creating correspondence and other communications, including, for example, e-mails, newsletters, reports, and mailings
- Preparing agendas and minutes of meetings
- Creating and managing a meetings calendar, and providing timely notification of event changes to participants
- Maintaining CRM databases
- Performing other duties as required by the Executive Director of Operations and others
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar academic field
- Experience in accounting
- Excellent relational and communication skills, both verbal and writing
- Data entry and data management experience
What Makes You Stand Out
You go for it…You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small it may be. You stay composed under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities.
You own it…You see something that needs to be done and you take action. You come up with solutions to problems and seek out ways to do your job better. You ask questions and seek clarity.
You check it…You check your work again and again, because you know that accuracy is everything. You pay strong attention to detail in all things.
You organize it…You prioritize well and can manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly and efficient manner.
You pray about it…You know that the correct and best way for both yourself and For Others is accomplished only with God’s wisdom and favor.